"We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
- Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959
Welcome to the USSA!
Nice seeing Lane Stadium in there, although they left off one footnote.
"Tough place to get a W for the opponent because unless you are in the ACC, your probably not a team who gets to compete for a bowl game either."
Just Kidding. I can't totally disagree with the list. Tiger Stadium and Ben Hill are definitely tough. I was almost surprised Texas A&M's wasn't listed, but their program has sucked too hard the last decade to be considered I guess.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Neyland Stadium.
"Do or do not, there is no try"...Yoda
Well you know what they say about opinions. Neyland Stadium should be on there. Williams Brice (South Carolina) is awesome. This list is ridiculous.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">7. Miami, The Orange Bowl
No place can get louder or nastier at a big moment. The Old Horseshoe in Little Havana has seen more huge plays than any other building in college football. It's humid. The place almost feels like it's haunted. The downside: too many games with 37,000 fans. </div></div>
Yep...that's about right. Too bad the Chitty of Miami won't pony up the funds to get the money to keep it open. I'll guarantee that Dolphin Stadium, for all it's amenities, won't equal the feel or ambiance that the OB has over the years.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">7. Miami, The Orange Bowl
No place can get louder or nastier at a big moment. The Old Horseshoe in Little Havana has seen more huge plays than any other building in college football. It's humid. The place almost feels like it's haunted. The downside: too many games with 37,000 fans. </div></div>
Yep...that's about right. Too bad the Chitty of Miami won't pony up the funds to get the money to keep it open. I'll guarantee that Dolphin Stadium, for all it's amenities, won't equal the feel or ambiance that the OB has over the years. </div></div>
there is nothing that will ever replace the atmosphere of the OB
the place gets LOUD.......the metal floors create noise and the way the upper deck hangs over just keeps the noise in
easily the greatest place ive ever seen a game
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vol Dude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well you know what they say about opinions. Neyland Stadium should be on there. Williams Brice (South Carolina) is awesome. This list is ridiculous. </div></div>
Yeah, everyone has opinions, but his article states that those are the opinions of coaches who stated what stadiums are the most intimidating to them. I've been to Neyland and have spoken to others who have been to both Neyland and Lane and they will tell you Lane is louder even though it seats 30+ K less.
"We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
- Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959
Welcome to the USSA!
Well I guess it is who you talk to, because a cousin of mine who went to Tech a couple of years ago and now attends UT and he says there is no comparison, UT is a better place to watch a game. I personally have been to both and I think UT is a better place, however, the three Tech games that I have been to they loss so the crowd really wasn't in too it, so who knows.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StateChamps92</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Neyland Stadium. </div></div>
Yeh No Kidding. Walking into a see of orange would be bad without the Noise.
GO VOLS
Bookmarks